Hey all, it's been a long time again. I've been very busy preparing for crops and classes. I started a WOTG club and that is going really well. I've wanted to use flip flaps now for a long time so I finally found the time (and ambition) to do it. I've received lots of compliments on the layout via facebook so I have written up instructions that I will offer to everyone for free. I would love to see everyone who takes the instructions and creates with them to post pictures of them for me to see. Once I get photos in mine I'll post those as well. I have orders for 6 kits so far, I am very happy with that so tomorrow I will get busy making those. Weekend crop retreat this weekend at the Best Western in Liverpool, looking forward to it very much. Enjoy :)
Fall Layout with Flip Flaps (All cricut cuts are from Artbooking unless otherwise stated)
Stamp sets used are from the Pathfinding WOTG and Sept. SOTM
- Bases are colonial white
- Cut tree (Artbooking pg 72) at 8” RDS in chocolate CS
- “Give Thanks” pg 72 cut at 4 1/2 “ RDS in Barn Red
- Cut 3 pumpkins pg 73 in colonial white and stamp in goldrush (size as indicated on stamp set) 2 for this page, one for the second page
- Sponge pumpkin edges with olive ink (I coloured the stem with brown marker)
- Stamp “I’m so glad….” Twice, once in olive ink on colonial white and cut out around the inside border. Second one is stamped in barn red ink on barn red CS and cut out around outer border. Use dimensionals to adhere them together.
- Use scraps of pathfinding to fill in the leaves on the tree (I used a pencil and traced lightly the inside of the opening in the tree and then cut about an eighth of an inch bigger than where I traced. I then erased the pencil mark and glued it in place.
- Cut 2 sets of leaves from pg 72,@ 2 ½” in Barn red and in gold rush (use 3 on this page and 3 on the other page.
- Large piece of B&T is cut 5x12
- 7”strip of burlap ribbon
- Mat under 4x6 flip flap is cut @ 5x7
- Mats in and under flip flap are cut 4x6 – one is glacier blue and the one underneath is colonial white
- Arrange to your base page and glue in place.