Sunday, January 30, 2011

Countdown to surgery

I can't believe I already have 6 weeks of chemo and radiation behind me. I was really scared when it was all new to me but now it seems like it was nothing. The 2 hour drive one way to the hospital every day was worse than the treatment itself. If it wouldn't have been from the complications every time I turned around things would have been a breeze. Now I have almost 6 weeks of "healing" from radiation behind me as well and it is time to switch gears and start thinking about surgery. I had it out (or in the back) of my mind since the new year but now it is becoming a reality I am starting to think about and prepare myself for. I have had surgery before, even ones that I was scared to have but this tops them. I know a lot of people right now that are doing countdowns, but they are all planning to take a glorious trip south, but not me.......next year though. We are thinking of Jamaica, but still in the very early planning stage. I have to have something big to look forward to. I am also planning a weekend crop in Liverpool the end of March. I am looking forward to that for right now. I will make plans and send the info around and post it here as well before I go to the hospital. I plan to be creative today so I will post what I come up with later. Have a great Sunday all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Jamaica wow...what a great idea. It is never too early to start counting down for something wonderful.....what a great scrapbooking idea....lol...a countdown to Jamaica calender....

    ReplyDelete